Buying and Selling Rules
- MYEBOOTH.COM, LLC is not involved in any transactions between Vendors and Buyers and does not sell or ship any products sold on our website. Consequently, we do not warrant the authenticity of any products advertised for sale on our site, or even promise that you will receive your items.
- Because we do not engage in any transactions, we allow our Vendors to set their own Terms and Conditions insofar as they are not inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions of our website. Vendors on our website are permitted to set their own shipping policies, return policies, payment policies, and any other policy required to complete a transaction insofar as those policies are not inconsistent with our Terms and Conditions. Please be familiar with a particular Vendor’s Terms and Conditions before your complete your transaction.
- All agreements made for the sale and purchase of products on the site are made directly between Vendor and Buyer. MYEBOOTH.COM, LLC does not communicate with Vendors or Buyers in connection with transactions unless we are advised that a Vendor or Buyer is in violation of our Terms and Conditions.
- MYEBOOTH.COM, LLC does not approve, test, ever have in its possession, or warrant in any way any particular product that is listed for sale on our site. Once a vendor is verified and approved to sell on our site, they can list any product insofar as it is not a prohibited item.
- We expect that Vendors are the owners of the products they are selling and have the authority to sell any items that they post on their Shop page on our site. If you have information that this is not the case, please use the Report Abuse button to report a Vendor to the Administrator of the site and we will immediately investigate the matter.
- All Buyers and Vendors on our site must be over the age of 18 or in the case of our kids memberships, be supervised by a parent or legal guardian, in order to buy or sell items on our website.
- Vendors are solely responsible for pricing their products, and for collecting and/or paying any applicable taxes with respect to any products that they sell on MYEBOOTH.COM.
- Disputes between Buyers and Vendors must be resolved between them. Should a dispute arise that a Vendor or Buyer feels presents a violation of our Terms and Conditions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into it and attempt to take appropriate action, which may involve terminating a Vendor’s membership, removing a product, or notifying the proper authorities, if appropriate.
- Vendors are free to accept payments directly from Buyers, however, the option is always available to Vendors and Buyers to conduct the payment portion of their transaction through Stripe.
- We suggest that if Vendors and Buyers elect to engage in a local pickup to conclude their transaction, that the transaction take place in a safe zone or in public place such as a Police Station, shopping mall, or another well populated and well-lit area. However, Vendors and Buyers have the liberty to conclude their transaction as they wish.
- If a Vendor posts to a specific city page, they are representing that they are willing to transact in that city.
- Vendors must only list one product per each product listing unless they are listing a variable product. Gallery images should be reserved for additional images of the same product and cannot be used to defeat any product limits set by our website.
For buying and selling tips, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.
The following items may not be listed by Vendors for sale on our website and are expressly prohibited:
- Used clothing, shoes, toys, or any other garage sale type items that were not handmade or handcrafted by the Vendor posting the item
- Furniture that was not handcrafted, refinished, or repurposed by the Vendor listing the product
- Weapons, ammunition, and other items that promote, support, or glorify violence such as bb guns, firearms, knives, and machetes
- Certain animal products and human remains
- Items containing obscenity, profanity, and vulgar language
- Products that do not meet the consumer product safety standards required by applicable regulatory bodies such as Health Canada and the FDA, such as ivory, hazardous materials, taxidermized animals, and handcuffs
- Hate items, including items that promote, support, or illicit hatred towards another person or is considered sexist, racist, or discriminatory in any way
- Illegal or stolen items, or any products that promote illegal activity
- Internationally regulated items
- Pornography, and items depicting female or male nudity
- Live animals or livestock
- Items that infringe on someone else’s intellectual property rights
- Items that were not handmade or created by you or your child (in the case of our kids’ accounts)
Any items falling within these categories will be immediately removed from our website without notice to the Vendor. We have provided for a Report Abuse button on product pages to make it easier for prohibited items to be reported to us.
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in our Terms and Conditions, you are prohibited from using our site or its content:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
- to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances;
- to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- to submit false or misleading information;
- to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet;
- to collect or track the personal information of others;
- to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape;
- for any obscene or immoral purpose; or
- to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet.
We reserve the right to terminate your use of our services, including your Vendor account, for violating any of these prohibited uses.